Become a data professional.
Data Management is both a function and a profession, with many individuals impacting or influencing data requirements and underlying quality within and across the organization.
DAMA NY Capital Region (NYCR) strives to support and provide resources to the many data professionals by providing education channels, career paths, and professional networking opportunities within our community.
Learn what it takes.
DAMA NY Capital Region is dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of information and data management and supporting DAMA members and their organizations to address their information and data management needs.
To fulfill this mission, DAMA-NYCR sponsors and facilitates the development of bodies of knowledge through its community of experts as well as developing certification and training programs.
- DAMA International Guide to Data Management Body of Knowledge
- DAMA International Dictionary of Data Management Terms
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) certification
- Data Governance and Stewardship Professional (DGSP) credential
September 2, 2015: DAMA NYCR's Kickoff Lunch and Information Session
- We welcomed Data Professionals to hear first-hand experience from William (Bill) Johnson, OITS Geographic Information Officer about how Big Data is used by the Governor’s Office and other NYS Leaders to make important policy and resource allocation decisions. Click Here to Download Bill Johnson's Presentation on Adventures with GeoData.